Fabricator - Machine Operator
Company: The Viking Corporation
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position performs routine duties while operating required
equipment to cut and thread pipe, make on fittings, bundle pipe,
and clean up. Position requires basic operating knowledge of all
fabrication processes and industry standards.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate rotary chop saw and band saw to cut pipe to
- Handle movement of pipe along the length of table and off load
to a cart or crate for staging in loading area.
- Operate Victaulic or Pace Grooving machine for a grooved pipe
- Operate threader to apply thread to desired pipe.
- Operate Mercury or Pace Make on machine in order to apply
fitting to desired pipe.
- Operate band saw in order to cut threaded rod to specified
- Install hanger devices to specified lengths of threaded
- Operate bench grinder to apply required end to threaded rod for
application of hanger devices.
- Push pipe carts of pipe to load area for loading purposes.
- Operate pneumatic staple gun to staple cardboard box to
- Use forklift when necessary to retrieve materials and move
- Operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to
safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of
competence as defined by management.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Handle additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the
company and the customer as deemed by the fabrication lead,
fabrication manager, or branch operations manager.REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience in a production multitask environment while
under time constraints is preferred.
- Previous welding experience helpful with the ability to become
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and
decimals with the ability to read a tape measure in "
Keywords: The Viking Corporation, La Mirada , Fabricator - Machine Operator, Other , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!