Direct Support Professional PRN Various Shifts
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Join Elwyn California! Elwyn California is currently seeking a
Direct Support Professional to work with our team in residential
group homes. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the
Program Administrator. Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team
members that operate with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a
good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others. Who
are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education, treatment,
and support services to children and adults with autism,
intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral
health challenges. What do we offer? We offer excellent
health/wellness benefits, generous time-off, paid training,
retirement benefits, career growth and a safe work environment
(PPE). Direct Support Professional Primary Function
- Direct Support Professional staff provide assistance and
supervise residents in activities of daily living.
- Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's
program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager
or licensed staff in charge.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all times.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and
schedules established by their supervisor.
- Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of
suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program
policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341). Education/Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) required for medical model
- Must have at least one year experience working in a program
serving persons with developmental disabilities. Working
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
- Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7;
AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a
clinical nursing environment.
- Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or
self-injurious behaviors. Requirements
- Valid California driver license
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug
screen, including current TB
- Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
- Successful completion of all trainings as required by
applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and
DSP2. Equal Opportunity EmployerElwyn California is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V We are an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit
human services organization dedicated to serving children and
adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing
innovative services for people with developmental disabilities
since its inception. We believe that all people deserve an
opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and
families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn,
work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement Maximizing potential through
personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn
California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping
distinctive, meaningful lives. Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government,
Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with
diverse challenges. Elwyn California Residential Programs Elwyn
California provides care for people with Intellectual Disabilities
and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art,
alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with
individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as
opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like
settings. Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal
and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to
provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller
number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to
resident ratio. #CA - #CB - - #MON - #ZR
Keywords: Elwyn, La Mirada , Direct Support Professional PRN Various Shifts, Other , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!