Outside Sales Representative / Territory Manager - South Orange County, CA
Company: US Foods
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Join Our Community of Food
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage
established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food
items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of
• Primary owner of customer relationship
• Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities.
• Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration
opportunities and new accounts opening
• Provide coverage for customers whose assigned Territory Manager
is absent due to vacation or illness. May mentor with another
Territory Manager and handle assigned duties and customers as
USF has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager
position. In most cases, this position will be classified as Sales
Trainee until the employee successfully completes the training
program. After training, the employee may become eligible to be
assigned a Territory Manager title.
Primary owner of Customer Relationship:
- Develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable
sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon
and consistent basis.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur
during the order process (e.g., delivery mispicks, short on loads,
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to
ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to
Focused on selling, and engaging customers in value add
- Research customer business needs and develop mix of products
and service to meet needs; evaluate market trends, recommend
products to customers, and utilize sampling and product cuttings,
based on business needs and goals.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product uses. Provide product information and
practical training to customer personnel.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration
opportunities and new accounts opening
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by
utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business
directories, following leads from existing clients, participating
in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and
- Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food
shows, promotion programs) in order to promote sales, increase
product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations.
- Leverage Customer Solutions Coordinators and Sales Coordinators
to reduce time on administrative tasks (e.g., special orders) and
order-taking, processing credits and pick-up requests.
- Leverage Business Solutions Specialists, New Business Managers,
Business Development Managers/Specialists, and Culinary
Specialists, to promote account penetration and new account
acquisition and development.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, preparing price quotes and
menu suggestions, and filing reports.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing or
- A minimum of one year of sales (foodservice industry preferred)
or culinary/restaurant management experience required.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as
customer service and presentation abilities. Should also have
demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills.
- Motor vehicle record in good standing
- Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar
with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
- Candidates who have received a DUI conviction for drug or
alcohol within the last three years will not be considered as
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected
Keywords: US Foods, La Mirada , Outside Sales Representative / Territory Manager - South Orange County, CA, Other , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!