Company: Makita U.S.A., Inc.
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As part of the Creative team, is responsible for the concept and
development of 3D assets to be part of company initiatives and
In addition to working with a team of graphic designers,
photographers, and video producers, the 3D Visualizer will also be
working closely with the Brand, Channel, Product, and other teams
in the development of 3D power tools, accessories, merchandising
displays, fixtures, etc. for use in print and digital projects,
presentations, and more. In addition to the management of projects
and assets, this position is also expected to take initiative in
the refinement and development of new processes as it relates to
the role to help improve the efficiency of the business. The ideal
candidate for this role will understand the value of good
communication and organization, be ambitious, intelligent, and
Skills, Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Design or Animation preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in a creative
- Strong modeling, UVing and texturing skills required.
- Extensive experience with at least one or more 3D programs
including Maya, Cinema4D, KeyShot, Sketchup, or Blendr.
- 3D animation is a strong plus.
- Fluency with Adobe CC (Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Fluency with film/editing software such as Premiere Pro, Final
Cut Pro, After Effects is a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word.
- Exceptional communication, organization, and project management
skills (i.e. spreadsheets, lists, charts, etc.)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Model, texture, and light tools, accessories, packaging,
merchandisers, displays, etc.
- Manage and maintain a library of working and finished 3D assets
for use by the Marketing team in various projects from catalogs and
brochures to trade show booths and videos.
- Meet regularly with project stakeholders (Creative Brand,
Channel, and Product teams) to understand business/project needs
and keep aligned with the larger Marketing calendar.
- Concept and develop ideas for in-store and event displays,
trade shows, graphics.
- Be able and willing to give and receive constructive criticism
and identify opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a strong pulse on new and upcoming design, software,
marketing, and materials trends.
- Utilize the department's equipment and resources efficiently
- Regularly audit projects and processes to identify
opportunities for creative workflow improvements.
- Excellent English reading, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be able to evaluate and interpret stakeholder needs/wants
for a project and justify creative/visual decision making to
produce the best overall solutions for the brand.
- This position is required to sit for intermittent periods of
time with occasionally being required to stand, walk, bend, stoop,
- May require working extended and/or irregular hours.
- May require lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling equipment or
boxes up to 25 lbs.
- May require exposure to work environments with loud noises,
debris, hazardous materials/chemicals, etc.
- May require assembling and using power tools, accessories, and
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions based on merit. Company policy prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital
status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability
(including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status,
military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic
characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual
orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or
local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally,
the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all
rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information
Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from
requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or
family member of the individual. The Company is committed to
complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment
Keywords: Makita U.S.A., Inc., La Mirada , 3D Visualizer, Other , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!