Merchandise Planner, Domestic Upholstery + Fabric Sourcing
Company: LIVING SPACES FURNITURE LLC
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue
to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the
times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and
selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20
locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home
furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle
brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We
are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to
join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even
better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on
building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will
have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and
commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills
that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our
guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in
our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that
contributes to the overall success of their role.
The Merchandise Planner will collaborate with product managers as
well as cross-functional business partners to drive financial
results in maximizing sales, inventory levels and profitability.
Will collaborate with the product mangers to create assortment
plans and determine order quantities, leveraging historical data
and incorporating merchandise strategies and trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Participate with Pre-Season Planning
- Develop merchandise plans utilizing history, sales trends and
market information to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory
- Leverage historical data to identify key learnings around
product, pricing, and inventory and apply learnings to future
- Open-to-buy Management: sales planning bottoms up/tops down,
gm%, inventory, turn, and GMROI
- Forecast fabric of the Universal Handle Program for Local
Furniture factories and Fabric Mills
- Reconcile fabric forecasts with Item level forecasts
- Track Fabric in-stocks to help
- Plan exits of unused fabrics remaining
- Manage Mins across multiple DCs to fulfill 95% service
- Work closely with Living Spaces Manufacturing Factory on
financial planning, inventory management and production
- Responsible for forecasting and communicating Special-Order
- Partner with Allocation manager, Logistics and DC team to
strategize inventory receipts before peak seasons
- Develop and maintains weekly/monthly/weekly merchandise
- Analyze and assess the sales performance of product categories;
revise in-season plans accordingly to maximize sales and
- Ensure planning and forecasting accuracy through knowledge of
specific geographic store attribute performance through data
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with
Merchandising, Store teams, Marketing, Visual and others to drive
- Oversee pricing strategies, including promotions and
- Develop forecasts for new SKUs and strategize assortments from
a financial perspective
- Act as a mentor to help develop Associate Merchandise Planners
to build knowledge, skill, and ability
Qualifications Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.
S.) or equivalent from four-year college in merchandising or a
business related field. 5+ years of experience in retail
merchandise planning. Equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be proficient in MS Office products including Office 365 and
Word. Strong proficiency in MS Excel.
Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is our policy to abide by all federal,
state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based
solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical
disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a
Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered
domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition
(including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related),
sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a
reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Keywords: LIVING SPACES FURNITURE LLC, La Mirada , Merchandise Planner, Domestic Upholstery + Fabric Sourcing, Other , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!