Clinical Program Manager II
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Manages the design planning, development, evaluation and/or
delivery of psycho-therapeutic services/programs for Psychiatry
and/or Addition Medicine patients. In addition, these positions
function as program managers in one or more of the following roles:
Intensive Outpatient Services, Dual Diagnosis, Case or Outcomes
Management; Emergency Psych Services; program
planning/development/evaluation at two or more sites -OR- program
management for a specifically defined patient population(s) at
multiple-site clinics each having two or more staff clinicians -OR-
for multiple clinics at a single large (12+ clinical staff)
- Manages the delivery and/or program planning/evaluation of
timely, cost-effective and high quality services/programs for
- Assures continuity of care and appropriate utilization of
resources both within and outside of Behavioral Health Care.
- Assists physicians in short and long-range planning of
psychotherapeutic/psychiatric social work programs/services that
meet identified needs of members and purchasers.
- Manages psychotherapeutic programs for Addition Medicine and/or
psychiatric patients that add value and are integrated with
Behavioral Health Care service priorities and performance
standards, as well as strategic organizational
- Integrates and coordinates psychiatry and addiction medicine
programs with other in-and out-patient departments, as well as with
- Achieves a continuum of care within Behavioral Health Care;
maintains liaison with other Psychiatry and Addition Medicine
departments, as well as with non-Behavioral Health Care
- Develops systems and methodologies for continuous improvement
of group and/or individual treatment modalities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services.
- Reviews/evaluates group therapy designs.
- Establishes group and testing treatment protocols.
- May manage programs for specifically defined patient
populations such as patients with life threatening illnesses, dual
diagnoses, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorders, trauma
related disorders, eating disorders, child psychopathology, and
abnormal behavior and personality patterns.
- Conducts on-going program evaluation of individual and/or group
modalities and, in concert with the Chief(s) of Service.
- Develops/maintains systems and processes for outcomes
management/improvement and for identifying the need for revised
and/or new clinical treatment programs, designs, protocols.
- Ensures that the professional practice standards for group
and/or individual therapeutic modalities and psychodiagnostic
testing are maintained by clinicians.
- As appropriate, evaluates the professional clinical practice of
staff and may provide professional staff with regular/appropriate
training, direction and consultation.
- May develop and implement policies, procedures and systems to
ensure customer/ member/patient/purchaser satisfaction and member
- In concert with other personnel and physicians, responds to and
resolves service, access and provider concerns/issues.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures to
meet Behavioral Health Care and organizational operational,
business and strategic goals/objectives.
- Conducts performance evaluation of professional staff.
- Hires, trains/orients, coaches, disciplines or terminates
- In concert with the Chief, maximizes and manages physical,
fiscal and human resources.
- Manages/reduces associated costs.
- Evaluates/improves utilization and productivity of staff.
- Less than 50% of working time, may provide direct
psychotherapeutic services to individual patients and/or patient
groups. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff
clinician in a mental health setting.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in managing/supervising the
development, delivery and evaluation of clinical mental health
programs, including outcomes measurement, evaluation and
management; clinical/applied research designs and statistical
- Masters degree in a field/discipline related to mental health
such as clinical psychology, counseling, behavioral science,
psychiatric/chemical dependency clinical nursing specialty, or
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Licensed
Clinical Psychologist (in the state where care is provided) OR
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, coordinate
and evaluate/improve multi-discipline group and/or individual
programs for patients (children, adolescents, adults, and families)
and/or specifically defined patient populations; interpersonal and
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Would be working with PMR/Pain team to develop integrated pain
program, coordinating care with other departments and team
PrimaryLocation : California,Los Angeles,West Los Angeles Medical
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01 NUE Non Union
Job Level : Team Leader/Supervisor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Care,Southern California Service Areas
Department : West LA Medical Center - Physical Medicine-Regular
Clin - 0806
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, La Mirada , Clinical Program Manager II, Executive , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...