Project Manager, Learning & Development
Company: Living Spaces
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal
Workday Account.Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand
and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay
current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update
our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from
1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a
humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected
lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us
there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate
professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even
better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on
building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will
have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and
commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills
that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our
guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in
our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that
contributes to the overall success of their role.Position
SummaryWHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY
We are growing as a Company and as a team, and we are looking for a
Project Manager to work closely with the Learning & Development and
Human Resources teams to provide project management expertise to
several key initiatives.
The role of the Project Manager for the Learning and
Development/Human Resources department is to plan, execute, and
finalize projects according to timelines, milestone events and
within budget. This includes acquiring resources, capacity planning
and coordinating and motivating all project team members,
contractors and or consultants to flawlessly complete project
deliverables. The Project Manager will help define project
objectives, scope, and requirements, and ensure high levels of
development and project execution throughout its life
cycle.Position DescriptionWHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the
flawless execution of multiple projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope
and within budget.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify
specific requirements of each project.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives,
involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical
- Delegate project tasks based on team members' individual
strengths, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Participate in meeting activities to identify project goals and
gain consensus on project steps, schedule, and implementation
procedures; foster cooperation and involvement of team.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
and the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and
project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant
- Identify internal and/or external resources to ensure
successful project completion.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project
objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Manage several projects of varying size concurrently and
consult with all levels of management which may require
coordinating activities across multiple departments and/or
- Prepare project status reports; makes alterations in project
plan as needed.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues/clients
to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected
customer service levels. Act as business partner by managing
expectations and providing guidance and advice throughout project
- Recommend and implement programs to minimize costs, ensures
optimum output, and maintain quality. Advises on the solution of
technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project
constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients
as well as other team members.
- Lead team members to resolve system, operational, and product
issues. Mediate solutions between the client and Learning and
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document
- Perform other related duties as assigned.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent project planning and managerial skills are required
to plan, assign, and monitor all assigned projects.
- Experience working with Asana or other project management
- Project management certification a plus.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.PROJECT MANAGER
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES:Developing and Tracking
ThinkingCommunicationProblem SolvingAnalytical SkillsTechnical
SkillsQualificationsWHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Minimum 3 years managing an extensive project(s) and/or
team(sEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or
equivalent from four-year college in Business, Education,
Psychology, or related field preferred. 5 years of experience in
workforce learning and development, planning, and project
management. Strong Learning & Development functional expertise.
Solid understanding and proven application of adult learning
principles, practices and procedures of instructional design for
digital modalities and user experience design. Equivalent
combination of education and experience will be
considered.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Project Management
Certification preferred.Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is our policy
to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting
employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color,
religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age,
military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled
veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union
status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or
expression), medical condition (including but not limited to,
cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any
other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide
occupational qualification exists.E-VerifyLiving Spaces
participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried
through this electronic system established by the Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration
(SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Keywords: Living Spaces, La Mirada , Project Manager, Learning & Development, Executive , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!