Diesel Technician/Mechanic II
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: November 18, 2022
What's the Job?
Ready to move your career forward? As a Technician at Penske,
you'll do exactly that. Here, you'll perform preventative
maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best
maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our
customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
As a Technician II at Penske, you are a respected technician. You
are trusted to work independently while doing major and minor
repairs, performing road tests to diagnose problems and completing
maintenance tasks. You set an example and informally mentor new
technicians while continuing to grow your skills from learn from
other experienced techs and your manager.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, your skills and experience
are recognized. You'll get to work on lots of different types of
equipment-not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job
done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the
job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Yes, we know you have technician experience under your belt, and
we'll leverage that. But we'll also teach you about our vehicle
maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And
we will make sure you are continuing to get the training you need
to advance in your career. You'll be inspired and encouraged by the
best in the industry. We take pride in how clean our facilities
are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop
If you are an experienced vehicle technician and are interested in
a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our
• Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our
• Doing preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer
equipment with little or no supervision and in a timely manner
• Repairing and troubleshooting components such as, engines,
transmissions and differentials, turbochargers, fuel system
• Keeping your work area clean and safe
• Using Penske's tools and technologies to log, research and
complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Learning new skills through Penske's technician training
• Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
• Competitive starting salary
• Shift Premiums
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment
(Penske's Technician Certification Program is certified as a
Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
• Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
• Location and schedule flexibility
Pay: $38.82 or $80,745/yr
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
Why is Penske for you?
* We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great
* This position, at this location, offers shift differentials that
will vary based on second shift (starting after 11am) or third
shift (starting after 9pm) and weekend work.
* This position, at this location, also offers individuals who hold
a current and valid CDL will be eligible for a $2.00/hr rate.
* Penske offers ongoing skills training for to our maintenance
associates, so you can grow your career!
• 3 years of practical experience with vehicle maintenance
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the
diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines,
transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE
Certification, and 608/609 certifications (preferred)
• Experienced using tools of the trade (including diagnostic
equipment, hand tools, and power tools)
• Valid driver's license required
• The ability to solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
• Basic computer skills
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district
(customers' yards, close geographical area and training sites),
work the required schedule, work at the specific location required,
complete Penske employment application, submit to a background
screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and
education) and pass a drug screening.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must
be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you're joining a team that cares about doing
its best. At each location, there's a strong sense of teamwork.
We're all working together to move our customers forward. That's
true for the 9,000 vehicle repair associates who are working at
hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic,
Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair,
Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car
Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto
Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy
Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck &
Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic,
Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician,
Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech,
Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, University of
Northwest Ohio, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack,
International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino,
Keywords: Penske, La Mirada , Diesel Technician/Mechanic II, Engineering , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!