Social Media Specialist
Company: Makita U.S.A., Inc.
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: September 15, 2022
What can a Makita power tool battery do? Hint: It goes way beyond a
cordless drill! Join our team and help share the Makita Story to
pro contractors and users of all kinds through our growing social
As the Social Media Specialist for Makita U.S.A., you will
creatively and strategically communicate the Makita Advantage
through social media to increase awareness and drive demand for
Makita products. Work with our growing team to create strategies
for Makita's expanding line of cordless products, then turn ideas
into tactics with winning content that engages our growing
audiences. You'll also create sponsored content and paid ads, track
and reply to user comments, and look ahead to new trends and
tactics in the social media space. These efforts will be a key part
of our daily efforts to increase awareness and drive demand for
Makita cordless products which include industrial power tools and
outdoor power equipment as well as vacuums and cleaning products,
lighting, radios and speakers, job site apparel, and much more.
Essential Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Develop the social media strategy that supports the company
initiatives and focus.
* Keep up on trends in the social media space for new tactics in
existing channels (IG, YT, FB, T), and for opportunities in new
spaces (Tik Tok, Reddit, Pinterest, and beyond)
* Manage and activate social media budgets.
* Create a strong daily process of calendar management/scheduling,
content creation, content posting, and monitoring across social
* Work within budgets and timelines to achieve specific goals
set-forth, and create social content and campaigns designed around
company initiatives including new product releases, live events
including trade shows, advertising campaigns, sweepstakes, and
* Communicate the brand through rich content and storytelling
across various social media channels.
* Recommend and develop strategies and tactics to increase targeted
audiences across Makita social media channels.
* Work with marketing managers to plan live events on social media
channels and manage execution (including select on-site events)
* Continually make suggestions, contributions, plans, solutions and
communicate effectively to the Makita U.S.A. Team.
* Responsible for protecting the brand while actively promoting the
brand to Makita's target audiences across social media
* Maintain a library of hashtags for use by Makita on social
* Develop processes to track, measure and monitor social media
coverage across channels.
* Compile tracked coverage in the form of a report, possibly
through a 3rd party application
* Constantly implement creative, consistent vehicles that fully
support the company's prime objectives with regards to professional
users, products and focus.
* Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including
Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as target
channels including TikTok, Reddit, and Pinterest.
* Experience as a social media specialist or similar position
* Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication,
time-management, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to use social media in order to increase audience,
impressions, brand awareness and lead collection, as well as to
drive traffic to targeted websites (makitatools.com)
* Understanding of social media KPIs and basic web traffic
Education and/or Experience Desired
* Bachelor's degree from a college or university, or equivalent
professional institution. Marketing, advertising, English,
journalism, public relations, or communications degree
* An in-depth understanding of the many social media platforms (and
ability to navigate each of them), including Instagram, YouTube,
Facebook, and Twitter
* An in-depth understanding of target channels (including TikTok,
Reddit, and Pinterest) is desired.
* Knowledge of and experience with tools and apps that allows
content to be shared across various platforms, and tracked.
* Two years of related experience in related industry - this can be
in the form of a completed internship or other proven work
* Keen knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and Outlook
with skills necessary to perform duties of position. Knowledge of
collaborative tools on Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint preferred but
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
This position works in an open office setting that is quiet, fast
paced, fosters continuous learning while operating under high
demand/volume. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital
status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability
(including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status,
military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic
characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual
orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or
local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally,
the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all
rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information
Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from
requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or
family member of the individual. The Company is committed to
complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment
Keywords: Makita U.S.A., Inc., La Mirada , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!