Company: Makita U.S.A., Inc.
Location: La Mirada
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Makita is a worldwide leader in the professional power tool
industry. Over the past 100 years we've built a reputation for
using the finest raw materials, the most advanced manufacturing
equipment, and the most rigorous quality testing in the industry.
Headquartered in La Mirada, CA, Makita U.S.A, with offices in
Chicago, Illinois, Wilmer, Texas, Reno, Nevada and Buford, Georgia,
has been bringing Makita's best-in-class engineering advantage to
professional power tool users in America since 1970.
Job Summary: Provides accounting and analytical support to the
Corporate Accounting Manager. Primary focus will be fixed asset
management as well as prepare general journal entries,
reconciliations, schedules and provide analysis in support of
month-end close, quarterly reviews, and annual audits. This
position may be asked to perform other duties and special projects
as requested by management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fixed Asset Management Additions, disposals, transfers,
inventory and other functions associated with the fixed asset
- Performs various Fixed Assets transactions according to the
- weekly - processes purchases, retired, and
- monthly/quarterly - reconciles FA to GL, reconciles FA5, &
- annually - conducts an annual fixed asset inventories for the
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations such as prepaids
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other
records (e.g., disbursements, expenses, receipts, accounts
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts.
- Prepare general journal entries and provide accounting and
analytical support to management during the month-end close
- Ensure proper collection and documentation for approvals based
on internal policies and procedures.
- Reconcile A/P against vendor statements monthly.
- Prepare check run.
- Prepare schedules and analysis to support timely reporting and
- Assist in month-end closing for each accounting cycle.
- Create and maintain the rental/lease Occupancy
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with
accounting principles as well as company policies and
- Investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies and
- Support the Finance Manager/Operations in all legal matters as
leases, agreements, and vendors contracts.
- Support management with special projects as needed.
- Apply policies and procedures for internal controls.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns, 8027s, 571Ls, 1099s,
- Prepare submissions for Census Reporting
- Experience with accrual accounting
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Education, Skills and/or Experience Needed:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in
Accounting/Finance or other related field (preferred) from 4 year
college or university; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Computer / Technical Skills: Higher level knowledge of
Microsoft Excel & basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general
business periodicals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence and produce manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
others inside and outside the company.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
This position works in an open office setting that is quiet, fast
paced, fosters continuous learning while operating under high
demand/volume. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time, Non-Exempt position with typical working hours
No travel is expected for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Required to regularly use hands to finger, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Required to regularly stand; walk; and stoop, bend or reach
- Required to frequently sit
- May be required to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 30
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs
- Continuously reach out to sort miscellaneous items.
- Physically & Mentally able to work in an environment that may
be subjected to strict deadlines and multiple projects
- May be subject to Overtime as required
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital
status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability
(including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status,
military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic
characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual
orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or
local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally,
the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all
rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information
Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from
requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or
family member of the individual. The Company is committed to
complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment
Keywords: Makita U.S.A., Inc., La Mirada , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , La Mirada, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!